How to Prepare for Flu Season
Stop the Flu from spreading to you
- Get your flu vaccine as soon as possible. Flu shots now available at all Immediate Care locations while supplies last.
- Wash your hands often with warm water and soap.
- Keep surfaces clean of germs (computer keyboard, phone, counter tops, etc.)
- Cover your nose and mouth when you or others sneeze and cough.
Be aware! The following flu symptoms start suddenly, while colds progress gradually
- Watery and red eyes
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Aches in your muscles and joints
- Dry cough
- Extreme fatigue or weakness
- Chills throughout your body and/or sweating
Tips to Fight the Flu
- Get plenty of rest
- Drink lots of fluids and eat light foods
- Avoid contact with other people especially children and the elderly
- Don’t wait! Seek medical attention for antiviral drugs that will decrease the length and severity of the flu. The first dose should be taken within 48 hours of your symptoms